Imagine your phone ringing.
It may be your mobile phone or your work number.
It’s your wife!
You hear her voice start with, “I have something to tell you…”
“We’re going to have a baby!”
This is great news! Whether it’s your first child or several later, your wife needs to hear your love and support.
A previous article focused on how to write a letter to an infertile wife.
If you are blessed with the good news that your wife is expecting, you have an excellent opportunity to deepen your marriage.
Just starting writing love letters to your wife and tell her how much you love her and will support her during the pregnancy.
Don’t know what to write?
There are two options.
A long love letter which may be a page or two.
Or a treasuring note, which is easier to write because it consists of a few sentences, and focuses on a moment during the pregnancy journey.
Consider the following example of a love letter to a pregnant wife.
As an emotionally-intelligent husband, you can write love letters and treasuring notes to your wife to express your care and concern for her, express your love for her and her condition, and offer your support.
Five Tips to Keep in Mind
Here are five tips to keep in mind. Let’s review those right now.
1. Listen to your wife. Let her tell you her fears, happiness, joy, and worries. Be considerate of your wife’s feelings. When you know these feelings, you can write a letter that relates to what she is feeling.
2. Realize that pregnancy is a nine-month journey to the new life of a baby. Don’t write one letter and be done with it. Your wife will need continuing support during the entire time. So plan on writing a number of letters and spread them out during those nine months.
3. Your wife’s moods will change often. Expect that and be ready to write an encouraging note when she feels overwhelmed, stressed out, or worried.
4. Give your wife extra love and attention. An encouraging letter is only a part of the process. Loving deeds are love letters in action.
5. Write your love letter that words that value your wife as your deeply cherished spouse, no matter what your pregnancy will bring. Remember that both of you are pregnant together.
Consider This Example
My darling Jessie,
You are so precious to me, and your presence brings so much joy to our marriage and my life. I am so happy that you are pregnant with our child.
You are so amazing with how you care for life. I know that this time will have its moments of joy and challenge. I want you to know that I am here for you, no matter what.
I love and cherish you for who you are and who you will become with our unborn child. Call on me whenever you need something.
I am so glad that I married you.
We’ll get through this time because of our love for each other. You can count on me to support you.
All my love,
Your wife will treasure you for your ongoing love and encouragement.
Remember, writing a love letter to your pregnant wife will build your relationship deeper and stronger.
A normal pregnancy lasts nine months.
That gives you plenty of time to practice writing love letters and treasuring notes.
So get when the phone rings, and you get the news, do one more thing.
Reach into the drawer and get your pen. And paper or treasuring note cards.
For your love letters and treasuring notes.
Want to know more things to write when your woman is pregnant?
Take a look at the Treasuring Journey of Pregnancy map, that shows you a lot more opportunities to write your love and support.
For extra credit, read these three tips on how to write a better love letter to your wife.